Prepare for Impact
How to prepare your authentic self for your next important Virtual Meeting? You’ve done all the preparation you need, your slides are ready, you understand the requirements, you know what wisdom you need to impart on your team…
You are ready… But how do we really prepare to connect and engage with our audience even more fully, make an impact (wow them) and leave yourself feeling that bit more satisfied when you hang up?
Give yourself at the very least 15 minutes before hand to prepare.
It seems to me that we are expected to be ON 24/7 at the moment. Working from home has a few setbacks… namely there is no office door to shut! When we are timetabling our meetings, try and give yourself at least 15 minutes in between.
Warn the kids, get your coffee, go to the bathroom, shut the door… This is when your 15 minutes begin.
Before you sit down, stretch your body.
Massage your head, your face, circle your head, stretch your arms, raise and drop your shoulders, circle your hips, stand on your toes, bend your knees, circle your wrists, hop on one leg, shake it all out baby!!! (put on some music to help energise you)
This all might read as a bit of a time waster, but if you really want to make a good impression in THIS meeting, you have to leave the last meeting behind, reset and energise yourself.
You will bring a vibrant person to your next meeting, and people will want to connect with you.
Stretch your face, and your mouth. Chew some invisible chewing gum, make silly faces, massage your jaw lines… get in there and release the tension. Take some deep breaths into your belly. Let the air out with a SHHHHHH sound.
- Hum your favourite song… Feel vibration on your lips.
- Do some vocal trills… silly lip trills (think of the sound a horse makes) and tongue trills.
- Sound them out, have fun, wake up your tongue and your mouth form the inside.
- Try and do these trills to a tune! Make some energetic sounds.
- Sound some long notes… connect with your deep breath, make your sound strong and connected, full bodied and one that feels right.
- If you are inclined, sing some scales…
- Sing some scales to the vowels… a, e, i, o, u…
- Add an M to the vowels… ma ma ma ma ma, me me me me me, mi mi mi mi mi, mo… mu etc
4. Superhero Power Pose
Find your superhero pose that resonates with you. And hold it for at least 3 deep breaths. Eg. Stand like superman, wonder woman or raise your hands to the sky, take a wide stance…
- Root yourself to the ground. Stretch your poser to the sky.
- Draw a powerful bubble around you reaching the widest part of where you are stretching to.
- Imagine you are filling that bubble with the best of who you are, the best version of yourself that you want to share with the world.
Have an affirmation written on the wall infront of you! One that reminds you of how fabulous, intelligent, brilliant, and enough you are! One that is yours only.
Find the tune that lifts you up and boogie!
Don’t let nerves set in. Learn vocal drills, breathwork and tips to keep connected to your Authentic Voice. Why not sign up for Muireann’s ‘Keeping Connected to your Authentic Voice’ free webinar on Thursday January 21st.
Join Muireann as she brings you on a vocal journey to touch base with our often neglected breath and voice. You will be brought on a short journey of discovery, to challenge yourself in how you honour your authentic voice in the every day and in your business. This short webinar will be a mix of fun vocal and breathing drills and a space to check in with what you stand for, and if you are managing to stay connected to your own unique take on the world. Click here